Heard on the Street
TITLE: Premier Homes of Wilmington changes name to Trusst Builders
PUBLICATION: Featured in Star News
DATE: October 03, 2009
Premier Homes of Wilmington, Inc., a builder of custom-quality homes in the Cape Fear area, has changed its name to Trusst Builders, Inc., effective September 1, 2009.
Trusst Builders is owned and operated by Shawn Horton and Keith Keller, long-time associates who purchased Premier Homes in 2004. Horton has worked with Premier Homes since 2002 and Keith Keller has been with the firm since 1994. Trusst Builders is now building exclusively in Brunswick Forest, a 4,500-acre masterplanned community located ten minutes from downtown Wilmington on US Hwy. 17 South.
"We changed our name from Premier Homes to Trusst Builders to spotlight our new leadership team and our commitment to providing exemplary customer service to each of our homeowners," said Horton. "The name change will also dispel any confusion that may be created by use of the Premier Homes name in competing neighborhoods throughout the Wilmington area. The Trusst Builders name illustrates the core values of our company: trust, high standards and service."
Added Jerry Helms, Director of Sales at Brunswick Forest, "Trusst Builders exemplifies the qualities we look for in a builder. Their business is built on trust, integrity and customer service, so they certainly picked an appropriate name to represent their company. We’re pleased that Trusst Builders is part of the Brunswick Forest team of builders."
According to Horton, Trusst Builders attributes its success to superior customer service and a proven business model for every community it builds. "We commit to a neighborhood and devote our total resources to its success," said Horton. "We open an onsite corporate office so we are always moments away from all of our homes during construction. This concentrated focus helps maintain the high standards we set for each home. We work hard every day to ensure our customers are satisfied – one homeowner at a time."
Horton also attributes Trusst’s success to the experience and professionalism of its leadership team. The team includes:
- Shawn Horton, President and Owner. Background in economics and nine years of real estate experience.
- Keith Keller, Vice President, Owner and General Contractor. 32 years experience in home construction and community development.
- Bill Moe, Construction and Warranty Manager. 31 years of construction and quality control experience.
- Ann Bigg, Broker and Customer Care Manager. 11 years in the homebuilding industry, including site selection, home sales and customer service. An associate of Premier Homes of Wilmington since 1999.
- Sarah Wood, Broker and Customer Care Manager. Grew up in the homebuilding industry as the daughter of Hearthside Builders owner Sandy Wood. Sarah has worked with Hearthside and Premier Homes since 2005.
Trusst Builders retained Talk, Inc., a creative communications agency in Wilmington, to create its new name and brand identity. In addition to the new name and logo, Talk created a tagline that reads “Make Yourself At Home” and is creating a new Web site at www.trusstbuilders.com. The site will launch in October.
Since 2004, Trusst Builders, Inc. has built more than 300 homes in communities across New Hanover and Brunswick Counties. Today, Trusst is building exclusively in Brunswick Forest from offices at 1096 Leesburg Drive.