January 3, 2020 / By Trusst Builder Group
Architectural and Home Design Trends in 2020
2020 marks the beginning of a new decade. With it, Wilmington home builders are increasingly catering to the technological, architectural and ethical considerations of individual buyers. While no two homebuyers are exactly alike, there are several hot new trends in Wilmington home building sure to increase the charm – and value – of your custom residence.
- Command Centers. Today’s homeowners are connected, efficient and technologically savvy. Between appointments, bills, and errands, it can be difficult to keep everything organized and on schedule. The command center is a dedicated space in the home with a desk, ample electrical outlets for multiple devices, mail-and-package sorting space, and wall space for calendars or shopping lists. Our New Home Specialists will work with you to design the perfect command center for your lifestyle.
- Prep Pantries. Wilmington and its residents are known for extravagant hospitality. Homeowners planning to entertain often are opting for anterooms to their custom kitchens. The prep pantry not only holds dishes and glasses but also has counter space for appliances like toasters and microwaves. Food prep, and the inevitable mess it creates, can be relegated to this separate room so your kitchen can stay showroom ready.
- Floating Fixtures. As the trend for open and airy spaces continues, home buyers are looking for minimalist finishes. Floating fixtures are attached to the wall, but they do not touch the floor. Sinks, vanities, faucets, and cabinets installed in the floating style make rooms appear larger, and they make cleaning much easier.
- Environmentally Responsible Design. New home buyers understand the responsibility they have to future generations when planning their new residence. Wilmington home builders are opting for designs that utilize renewable energy, maximize efficiency, and are made from sustainable building materials.
- Multifunctional Outdoor Spaces. With an increased interest in environmentally sustainable residences, home buyers are looking to enjoy nature whenever possible. Large porches and patios with exposed brick or wood finishes can be enclosed with floor-to-ceiling windows and enjoyed all year round. Check out our gallery of porches for more inspiration.
With so many new and exciting home buying trends to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide the right design for your family. Trusst Builder Group has been building beautiful, custom homes in Wilmington since 1992. Our expert New Home Specialists are with you during every step of the design, planning, and construction of your dream home. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.